Tuesday 16 August 2011

Crystal Palace Overground Festival 2011


After the ugly scenes that have played out in our cities recently, it was great to see people coming together and enjoying themselves in SE19 last weekend. The Triangle was buzzing with happy crowds mooching amongst the buskers, bunting and street food. However, the epicentre of the weekend's events was Westow Park. I have to confess, when I think of our local park, the other one always comes to mind, and it's not often I've set foot in this one. Tucked behind Sainsbury's, it's slightly off my radar. In fact I've met some locals who were unaware of its existence. With its gentle slope down to the main stage, it turned out to be the perfect venue for a great afternoon. I'm already looking forward to next year's festival.


The Triangle




Bambino Bunting




Skyline Cinema

Brendan's Burgers
The Park



Shady Lady

Capacity Crowd!

No, really!

A man of Good Taste

Still Queuing
















No comments:

Post a Comment